Monday, November 22, 2010

Mom's Banana Nut Bread

I don't know where she got the recipe but I call it my mom's banana nut bread.  It's my favorite banana bread probably because it came from my mom.  I love my mom.  When she wrote out the recipe card for me she wrote "To: Jamie-My Little Girl."  Makes me happy.  I am still in a holiday baking mood.  I think I am trying to distract myself from putting up my tree before Thanksgiving.  There must be a need to overcompensate due to the non-holiday weather we have here. 
Banana Nut Bread

1/2 cup butter
1 cup white or brown sugar (I use brown)
2 large eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cups chopped walnuts (I leave them out sometimes)
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (I use 3 to 4 bananas)

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs and beat.  Combine dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture alternately with bananas.  Fold in nuts, pour in buttered pan, let stand for 20 minutes.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-1hour.  Remove to wire rack to cool. 

A little side note, my mom has the coolest nut grinder.  It is so cool and so old school.  I wish I could find one.  I love a slice of this bread still warm from the oven with a little butter.  Mmmmm!

No comments: