I didn't even want to type the name. It just grosses me out. Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease reminds me of something that livestock would get. But...it's really very common. It's a virus that little ones catch very easily through saliva, urine, or feces. No doubt Harlon got it from the nasty, dirty bounce place where he had so much fun. I should have known it would be like Chuck E Cheese, a breeding place for germs and sickness. We will never go back.
A friend of ours' daughter got it about the same time as Harlon, a couple weeks before her 2nd birthday. When I started to see little red spots all over his body I had a suspision that it was hand, foot, and mouth. The doctor also found some spots in his throat which explains his lack of appetite and frequent night waking. Poor bubba! He could still come down with a fever and diarhea in the next couple days. Other than that it's not too bad. We are stuck in the house for about a week. That sure foils our Thanksgiving plans. I have a turkey breast roast that I will cook with mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, and pumpkin bread. That will have to do.
He's pretty tired and lethargic. This is what he did off and on through the day. He is drinking plenty of fluids and I managed to get a yogurt and most of an egg in him tonight. Hopefully in a few days I will see some improvement and he will feel a bit better. I hate it when my baby is sick.
2 comments:
I hate it when they are sick too
:( Poor lil guy!
I do however LOVE his chair!!! :)
Your momma's banana nut bread went in my recipe box :) I really am sorry to hear that Bubba isn't feeling well. I was just thinking of taking all my Christmas things out of their boxes tonight! We had temps in the high 50's today, about 20 degrees below normal and I LOVED every minute of the cooler weather. We are back in the 70's starting Thanksgiving day.
Post a Comment