Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tunnels and other stuff

Harlon watches a Thomas the Tank Engine show on Saturday mornings on PBS.  He is fascinated with trains, train noises, and train tunnels. On our way to Kindermusik each week we drive through a little tunnel and he always points out that it's a train tunnel.  It's pretty cute.  Here he is trying to make a tunnel for Thomas out of his "Busy Zoo" activity center. 
 It was clearly time for Momma to intervien and build some train tunnels.  He helped me build them taller and taller (whenever something is tall he always says "Daddy") and we played with them all afternoon.  He didn't even smash them...
 Until the next morning.....SMASH!
 I've decided to keep my camera out and ready to capture the moments that make me laugh (there are a lot).  Millie, this "helmet" as Harlon calls it is worth it's weight in gold!  He loves to wear it as a football helmet, bike helmet, or when he feels the need.  It cracks me up!  This was a good way to start my Sunday morning as neither of us slept much last night.
 A little bit later he decided to pretend to be a dog in a kennel.  Not sure where he got this one.  Our dog has never been in a kennel or crate around him.  I don't think he even knows that Buddy's crate exists.  This was complete with barking and howling noises.  I love my son and those brown eyes make me melt.
 One last thing, I love the random places in the house he sets up his toys.  His imagination is great.  What I wouldn't give to know what is going on in his head. 

No comments: