Saturday, May 15, 2010

How did I ever eat Bisquick pancakes?

I look forward to making breakfast every weekend.  During the week we eat oatmeal, cereal, toast, fruit,or yogurt but on the weekends we like a nice big breakfast.  I really miss it when Jase is gone because I don't get to cook near as much food.  This morning I made my friend Christine's pancakes.  I added bananas and buttermilk instead of regular milk. 
This recipe is super easy and so tasty!  I don't know why you would ever use a mix from the store.  I cut the recipe in half and always have leftovers.
4 cups Flour
2 Tbl Baking Powder
2 tsp Salt
4 Eggs
4 cups Milk
1/2 cup Oil
1 tsp Vanilla and/or 1 tsp Cinnamon
I added 3 mashed up bananas (we like a lot of bananas in our pancakes)
Harlon chowed his pancake while I cooked the rest of the batch.
Since Jase is standing duty today I have LOTS of extra to bag and freeze.  They are great reheated for breakfast during the week!
Cheeeeeeese!
Also, a side note.  I really wanted margaritas on my birthday but didn't feel like getting all the fixin's for the Jimmy Lopez recipe so we tried this. 
Costco makes a ready to drink Margarita and I have to say, WAY TO GO Costco!  I don't know if it would be available in all states as Hawaii sells liquor in grocery stores but I had to share.  If you want a decent margarita quickly it's worth the $10 a bottle.  I do love my margaritas! And no, I didn't drink this with breakfast, HA!

2 comments:

Pinkus47@hotmail.com said...

YUM!!! I'm so doing some changing to my recipe :) YUM!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this recipe! I've been dying to have a good scratch pancake recipe!! Can't wait to try it! :)