Sunday, April 11, 2010

I am a woman of leisure.

That phrase cracks me up, however living here in Hawaii makes me feel like it's true. 
Going to the beach for me has always been associated with vacation.  Now that I can drive 10 minutes and spend a couple hours playing in the ocean, drive home and go about my daily routine is incredible!  That is when I feel like a woman of leisure, LOL!
We spent Saturday and Sunday afternoon at the beach this weekend.  Harlon was on the go the whole time.  Running, tearing down sand castles, digging, throwing rocks in the water, and feeling a false sense of confidence about the big blue ocean. 
I think back to our trips to Hawaii before Harlon.  Yeah, it pretty much consisted of doing whatever we wanted, taking naps at the same time, snorkeling, or just floating in the salt water.  Oh now times have changed!  Now we take turns chasing Harlon, building sand castles, getting snacks or drinks, rinsing sand out of eyes and mouth, and so on.  It's fun in a whole different way.  I still manage to make the beach my theraputic happy place, LOL!  I just love the smell, sound, and scenery. 
I've been thinking about getting pregnant lately.  I wouldn't say I have baby fever yet but thinking about having another little one makes me smile.  I know I'm 32 going on 33 but I don't feel too rushed to get pregnant right now.  I want to have as much time as I can to just enjoy Harlon.  I think about other things as well.  I want Harlon to be potty trained by the time we have a newborn in the house again.  My brother and I are 4 years apart and my mom tells me stories about what a great big brother Justin was to me when I was a baby (he continues to be a great big brother).  I want the same for Harlon and the next little bundle.  My hope is that Harlon will be old enough to want to entertain and play with the new baby.  We'll see if my day dreaming plays out.  I realize it's all in God's plan but it's fun to dream about what it might be like.
Jase tried stand up paddle boarding on Sunday.  He's been wanting to since he heard we were moving out here.  He had a great time, I see a new hobby in his future.  Harlon was a natural too, HA!  He is all about doing ANYTHING that Daddy does. 
 We also tried a new church this week.  Maybe it's just me but I don't care for a service that feels like a big production.  It seemed like it took a team of 100 to produce just one church service.  Also, I was not a fan of the nursery.  While it seemed put together, colorful, clean, with lots of toys, there were way too many babies for the number of adults.  I am crossing that one off my list.  I am tempted to try a Lutheran church.  Jase didn't grow up Lutheran and we both just look for a church that teaches the bible accurately, denomination isn't a big concern.  There are a few reasons I am tempted...I am comfortable in a Lutheran church since I grew up in one.  Jase will be gone for a good chunk of our time here anyway so I am being selfish to default to a church that is more to my liking.  Jase just isn't used to the traditions of the Lutheran church.  And thirdly, Lutheran churches always have good schools so I can get Harlon into a good preschool and possible private Kindergarden.  We'll see.  I think I am just tired of trying a different church every week and not finding one that feels like home yet.  Like the sermon said today, "all in God's time."  Not like our culture is now where we want everything and we want it RIGHT NOW.  I just need to be patient and God will lead me in the right direction. 

No comments: