I have been enjoying my time at home so much lately. Still ironing out our car issues, Jase had the truck today so Harlon and I hung out at home again. It was a beautiful, sunny, warm, and not too windy day. Harlon took an early nap and I wasn't quite yet motivated to do house work so I sat down on the grass and observed this pretty puppy dog right here.
He loves to lay in the sun. It reminds me of my Bop and Nanny's dog Bailey. She loves to sun herself too.
Buddy has been through quite a lot to stay with our family. In just 6 years this sweet, gentle pooch has been from Washington to Texas in the back seat of a pick-up truck, Texas to Connecticut in a crate in the back of a pick-up truck, Connecticut to Texas in an airplane, and finally Texas to Oahu in an airplane.
He used to spin circles in the yard and run and run and run some more. In those 6 years he has slowed way down but still surprises us with his spinning skills from time to time.
He is the best dog even though he sheds like 27 dogs combined. Let's just say that he should be the test dog for the Dyson Animal vacuum, HA!
Later on I ventured out the front door to snap some picture of this plant that is all over our front yard.
Harlon was making sure it was safe to go out then he ran off.
This is him after I snatched him from running up the driveway. He knew that mommy was not pleased.
So this is the plant. It is all over the island and I love it! I have no idea what it is called but I just love how green and strong it grows.
This is how it flowers. I haven't sniffed it yet but it sure is beautiful. I have always had a thing for tropical plants, flowers and trees so I am loving living here among them. I am thinking of planting some jasmine in a pot soon. We'll see...I wasn't too successful in Texas at gardening.
I need work on my photographing of flowers. Sarah, I need lessons! Ha!
1 comment:
First of all! Harlon looks just like Jase in the pic where he got in trouble for running down the drive-way....EXACTLY like Jase!!! Also, kiss Buddy on his big wet nose for me ;o)
Post a Comment