Wednesday, January 6, 2010

These are the days of our lives.

Okay that title makes me laugh but I couldn't resist as I am feeling somewhat dramatic these days. Reality has hit that it's going to be team Harlon and Mama most of the time these next three years. Jase is going to be gone A LOT and when he's not gone work will be very time consuming. As my reality check sets in I feel almost frantic to get involved in the community, playdates, and other activities for Harlon and myself. "Frantic" sounds a bit overboard I know but it's just my personality. I want to make sure that I can do this alone so I want everything to happen NOW and BEFORE Jase leaves so that I have my bearings about me. I hate surprises. Seems living Navy life is the wrong profession for me, HA! Seriously, I will adjust and make the best of whatever situation comes our way.
I should get my truck back on Friday setting me free to explore and GET BUSY! HA!

Okay, so I was in serious need of a shower the other day after a run, and naptime didn't match up. So....in an attempt to save the belongings of the lovely people who own the furnished condo we are renting and to save my son from being poisoned I put all harmful things up on the counter, closed the bedroom door and jumped in. A little fun with the toilet paper roll went on and I did have a one year old visitor peaking at me from outside the bathtub. He got a little wet and tried really hard to climb in but in the end Mama was happy and clean and my pal Harlon was safe.

And after doing my hair I find this little stinker peaking at me from my closet after closing the door (he's really into closing doors now only he panics and doesn't know how to open them).

And I finally got smart and made a lame attempt at childproofing the kitchen so Harlon doesn't trash everything in the kitchen that doesn't belong to us. He's not very happy with me either, HA!

Although this is a VERY nice place to temporarily live being stuck out here STINKS. We try to keep busy by going to the pool and beach but Harlon and I are starved for social interaction and are eager to meet new people.

Don't get me wrong, our friends that we already have here are THE BEST! They have made us so welcome and helped us out so much. I LOVE YOU and you know who you are!

While this picture doesn't do the mess justice if you're going to give your child manicotti and let him feed himself, expect a mess. I must be lightening up these days and this Mama seriously HATES messes!

And finally, for the brief moment that I did have a car this week I decided to head to Target to get a straw cup for Harlon. I came home, washed it, filled it with water and away he went! Yahoo! Sippy cups will soon be a thing of the past for us. I didn't quit cold turkey. While he probably wouldn't miss them I'm feeling a little whimpy about it since we have been through so much change in the last month and there is still more to come. My little guy has to go from seeing Daddy on a regular basis to almost not at all. It makes me so sad. And while I will buck up and deal with it the best way I know how it breaks my heart because I don't know how this lifestyle will truely affect Harlon. I have to trust that this is the life that God want's us to live.

4 comments:

By Grace Alone said...

aww sweetie! Hang in there girl. Navy life is never easy especially with little ones. Im not sure if they have any around there but i joined a group called mops and it was an instant connection into my community. You can look up locations at www.mops.org. Its for moms of children 0-5. The first 6 months are the hardest but after that you will have lots of friends and be settled in. Soak in the love letters from Jase while he is away cus you know those dont come around when they are home ;o)

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I also have a dumb question and I keep forgetting to ask you...Why is it called "Your Mom's Blog"? I feel like I don't get it....

andersons2002 said...

I love this post! The baby proofing cracks me up! I desperately needed a shower the other day, and closed the bathroom door and jumped in. My little fart, climbed up on the bathtub, then the counter, and across the sink to get ahold of Daddy's razor! He was a bloody mess! That same night he jumped off the bed and busted up his mouth! Just letting you know what is to come! -Ang