It has been quite the year. Half of it was spent without Jase and growing our second baby. Addie Mae will be here before I know it, only 4 weeks left until my due date. I don't usually set goals for the new year and I don't think I will start this year. Maybe my goal should be to survive and enjoy this year with 2 little ones. It is going to be a crazy year and I think I will have to let go of some of my type A personality traits for a while. I am so thankful that Jase will be home for a year and a half to help me do just this. He is SO NOT type A, which really helps balance me out, HA!
Jase has been on leave since he got home and had to return to work today. He only worked part of a day and was home by lunch. After Harlon's nap we had a couple of hours before dinner and decided to spend them at the beach.
Jase and Harlon played in the ocean while I sat my pregnant self in a chair and took pictures. Harlon loves his new "surfboard" from uncle Justin and auntie Ree.
I was so focused on getting through the deployment and reamining sane and positive that I forgot how much I love just watching and listening to Harlon and Jase together.
Harlon loves his Daddy so much and I know he enjoys being able to do "man stuff" as Jase and Harlon call it. When Jase picks him up and carries him he just snuggles up and smiles. It's priceless.
There were some pretty big swells but the boys had a great time while I tried not to freak out. Ha! It's a good thing Jase is strong and a good swimmer.
This is the last year that fireworks are legal here so they have been going off for a couple weeks. Here's Harlon pointing out a "big boom."
After the beach we headed home, grilled some steaks and sat on our back deck to enjoy all the fireworks. Poor Harlon was scared at first but I think we talked him out of it. After a while he enjoyed the lights and snuggling on our laps under a blanket. It seemed like the 4th of July as we sat out there in 70 degree weather on New Year's Eve.
Harlon was worn out from his big afternoon on the beach and was in bed by 8pm. He rang in the new year Texas style. Jase and I will probably be in bed by 10pm, ready to welcome 2011 tomorrow morning.
We wish you all a safe and happy 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment