Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pesto-Olive Chicken

The perfect chicken recipe and so easy to cut in half and make for 2 or 1 1/2 people.  This recipe is from my favorite magazine, Simple and Delicious.  I diverted from the recipe a little based on what I already had in the house.  The only thing I would do different next time is substitute the cheese for just some parm or romano.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
1/2 cup prepared pesto (I used Butoni)
2 jars (4.5 oz each) sliced mushrooms (I used fresh mushrooms)
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped ripe olives
1 cup provolone cheese shredded (I used mozzerella)

Flatten chicken slightly.  Plance in an ungreased 13x9 in baking dish.  Spoon pesto over chicken; top with mushrooms and olives. 
Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until chees is melted and chicken juices run clear.  Makes 4 servings.

My super cute kitchen helper!  He is all into helping mama in the kitchen these days.  He helped me sprinkle the mushroom and olive on the chicken, while asking me over and over for a dinosaur vitamin.  If I gave him as many vitamins as he asked for he would be one sick kiddo!  Someday he will understand that he can only have one.  :)

1 comment:

Pinkus47@hotmail.com said...

That makes me want to eat pizza for some reason? ;-) Oh and we found a really good pizza place here. I was so hesitant, it looked kinda scary :p We finally gave in and tried it, ONE of the best pizza's I have ever eaten, no doubt!