Friday, June 18, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Proposal Stories

I love to read Kelly's Korner and each Friday she does a "Show Us Your Life" post. This week is proposal stories and since today was "D" day and I am feeling quite weepy I thought I would participate.



It was 2007, Jase was going to be moving to Texas soon. He had asked me to go with him but we weren't engaged yet so in a way I knew it was coming. I had no idea however that it was going to happen when it did. We had flown to Jase's home town in central Texas for Founder's Day, a yearly BBQ cook off and street fair. Jase had planned a little "hike" for us at Austin's Mt. Bonnell. I of course was all worried about what kind of hike he was taking me on up a MOUNTAIN! Well, the elevation of Mt. Bonnell is 775 feet. To this Washington girl, it was a HILL! LOL!
So we got up to the top and Jase started acting kind of weird. He was walking all over trying to find a different spot. I couldn't figure out what the heck he was doing until he found a secluded area that overlooked the lake. He asked me if I remembered what area of the Space Needle in Seattle he had me meet him at on our first date. I had no clue and can't even remember now but he told me the direction and said it was because that was the direction that faced Texas and he always knew that when he met the woman he was going to marry that they would end up in Texas someday. I turned around and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and of course I said YES and cried! I am crying just typing this. It is a day filled with tears today.  Well our journey hasn't taken us to Texas YET but we are enjoying the ride the Navy is taking us on.
It was perfect and wonderful and the ring was and is the most gorgeous ring ever! Jase picked it out all on his own just for me and I couldn't love it more! I can't find pictures from that day but I do have our engagement photos taken my our good friend Ben.



2 comments:

By Grace Alone said...

aww how sweet! I love the first picture of you guys .. pure joy!

Pinkus47@hotmail.com said...

I'm a weepy mess now TOO!!! I love you guys!!!