Tuesday, April 6, 2010

One of those days...

Do you ever feel defeated?  Yeah, today is one of those days that has left me defeated.  I'm not sorry for myself.  Tomorrow is a new day but today I'm done so stick a fork in me. 
Let's see, the day started out with Harlon doing his new constant whining thing.   Lately he just throws himself on the floor and cries instead of showing me or telling me what he wants.  He's got a wide variety of words that he says and signs that he signs but he apparently doesn't feel like doing either. 
He has been playing in his playpen during my shower and doing fine until recently.  Now he just screams the entire time.  I put him in the playpen with toys so that he would be safe (he's tears everything up) and I could stay sane and be clean.  Anyway, he chose to scream during my shower today, that was fun. 
Next we came down stairs and started to play outside.  I had to pick up a pile of dog poo before I let him out there.  I picked it up and went to throw it away.  Harlon went outside to play.  In the mean time, Buddy decides he needed to drop a load again, Harlon sticks his finger in it and then proceeds to stick his finger in this mouth (yeah, neat).  So I freak out, clean him up and decide to call my mom on the phone.  Harlon is getting a little tired at this point and starts hitting me then pulls the laptop down on his head.  Down for a nap!
Then mom calls back and convinces me to call the doctors office.  So, I deal with the lovely government run healthcare system that we in the military live with. I have to get a little pushy with them because if I don't I will never get a call back.  The nurse was very short with me, told me to watch for signs of pin worm and that was that. 
I called mom several more times and eventually called poison control.  They said nothing about worms just to watch him for the next 24 hours.  Ugh! 
So...I then decided I was ready for more torture and took Harlon to Babies R Us to get a baby gate to put up in the door of his room so he could trash him own bedroom during my shower rather than scream in the playpen in my room.  His room is pretty much baby proof so I figure this is the next best thing.  He must have spotted Elmo when we first got in the store because he yelled ELMO, ELMO, ELMO over and over again the entire time we were in there.  We left and he screamed the entire way home.  I think something has possesed my child, HA!
It was time to head to swim lessons where Harlon was a terror and splashed me every chance he got.  Do you think he's had enough of his mom today??
We get home and I SO need him to eat dinner and go to bed when we get a call that Jase's clutch cable on his motorcycle has snapped and he's stranded on the side of H-1.  Sweet.  We head East towards him, only to get a call when we get there that he has made it home. 
All the while Harlon has fallen asleep in the car before his bedtime, which is NEVER a good thing.  Once home I throw something together for dinner while Harlon whines and wants "up."  While we eat Harlon continues to test his limits by throwing things and being generally naughty.  I calmly told Jase that I was done so he put Harlon to bed.  Like I said, I'm done! 
So here I sit feeling cleansed from using my blog as a journal this evening.  Hopefully some of you will laugh at the comedy routine that is my life and some of you moms will comiserate with me. 
Tomorrow is a new day and my Kona coffee will for sure make a good start to a day without a truck as both of my husbands modes of transportation are out of commission.  That means no Kindermusik or grocery shopping.  I am going to have to get seriously creative to keep from losing my patience tomorrow.  Pray for me because while I LOVE my crazy son with all my heart, right now I miss this. 


4 comments:

By Grace Alone said...

aww sweetie. I so feel your pain. I will be praying for you. Its amazing how such sweet little beings can zap all your energy and patience in one simple day! Hang in there. Remember- Joy comes in the morning :)

duckywhit said...

Whoa, your day sucked. I hope that today is a much better one in which Harlon gives you kisses, touches things gently, and wants to eat everything you give him:)

Love you!

andersons2002 said...

This post makes me feel so normal! I have been seriously having these crazy hard days too! Read my blog! Brady is a "terrible, horrible" almost two year old! He's mean! He's all boy and I don't know what to do! He's strong and willful, and has been pushing me off the sanity cliff too much lately. Dear God, I hope you have a sweet little girl next! I know all girls aren't sweet, but Morgan is sweet to the core. She is an angel compared to Brady right now. And, she is so remoreseful when she does something wrong. Brady just keeps up his antics!

andersons2002 said...

This post makes me feel so normal! I have been seriously having these crazy hard days too! Read my blog! Brady is a "terrible, horrible" almost two year old! He's mean! He's all boy and I don't know what to do! He's strong and willful, and has been pushing me off the sanity cliff too much lately. Dear God, I hope you have a sweet little girl next! I know all girls aren't sweet, but Morgan is sweet to the core. She is an angel compared to Brady right now. And, she is so remoreseful when she does something wrong. Brady just keeps up his antics!