I wasn't willing to do cloth in the beginning. I guess I was just overwhelmed with even changing a normal diaper on a newborn and taking care all the other things on my babies body.
I heard about these gDiapers through a friend. Basically they are a cloth pant with a nylon snap in liner, and a pad that fits into the liner. The pad can be flushed, composted or thrown away and it decomposes into the earth in about 50-100 days!
It's a few extra steps in diaper changing but I like the idea of cloth on Harlon's delicate skin and flushing the soiled part. This is only day one and so far we've only had wet diapers so we'll see. No leaks yet. We'll see how the dirty one goes! :)
The snap in liner is washable and is meant to hold everything in when you have a dirty diaper. The company claims no plastic is used but isn't nylon a plastic? I don't know, I'll have to look into that one.
They're awfully cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment