Monday, March 14, 2011

One sleeps the other is awake.

I can count on one maybe two hands the number of times that both kids have napped at the same time.  I don't mind all that much.  It lets me either get some work done around the house, eat a meal, and spend some alone time with the kid that is awake. 
It's quite the balancing act getting Harlon down for a nap.  He needs one, don't get me wrong.  I have to sit in his room until he goes to sleep or he won't stay in bed.  I usually feed Addie Mae or she sleeps in my arms  until he's out then we go down stairs and she is awake.  When he finally falls asleep he sleeps for 2 or more hours...he definitely needs the sleep.  He's just a stinker!  Ha!
Today, Addie Mae and I sat outside under the umbrella.  She loves being outside (she's going to be a beach baby, I just know it), smelling the fresh air and listening to all the Hawaiian birds.  We're inside now, she's sucking away on her pacifier and playing on her activity mat while I get to blog.  I love keeping this blog for memories and so that my family and friends can watch my babies grow.  I am in the process of making my blog into a hard back book. I am so excited to have a hard copy of this to keep for my kids!

No comments: