I only have one child, I have it easy right? This is what happens most evenings while I attempt to cook dinner. I put the cushions on the floor sometimes so that he can jump and bouce to his little hearts content. If I don't do this he is ON the couch jumping (which results in a busted lip or two).
All goes well until he decides to throw HUCK these and they hit me. Yes folks, these are hard plastic rhythm shakers shaped like animals. So I take them away and tell him he hurt mommy to which he responds with a laugh.
And some people might tell me that he is just TWO. I laugh at you because if I don't I might cry. Maybe I will be proven wrong but I say there is some acting out due to the fact that Daddy is gone. You may be thinking that he is only TWO and isn't capable of this. Perhaps my child is a genius then because he gets it. His Daddy has been gone a long time. He has a great Daddy and doesn't like it one bit that his Daddy left him. And frankly people I think he gets sick of me. I know I would.
If it weren't for moments like this where I can bust into hysterics over a measuring bowl on his head (that he calls a helmet) and one dinosaur slipper (that is 6 sizes too small) I would be in the looney bin. Oh! The too small dinosaur slipper has a bell in it! You think I'm kidding, HA! This kid has me hysterically laughing everyday. It feels good to laugh like this.
"Oh Mama!"
Don't get me wrong, there are sweet, quiet, sacred moments like this while I am trying to cook dinner. Too bad they only last about 4 minutes.
After 5 months of raising this child alone I looked in the mirror tonight and I actually have dark circles under my eyes. Such is life and I do love my life. I am so blessed to have this little boy to call me "Mama." I pray that he calls me "Mama" FOREVER. I mourn the day it turns to Mommy or Mom.
I am thankful that God gives me moments with my son at the end of the day where he requests to snuggle with me. As he lays in my lap wrapped up in his blanket with his stuffed monkey, he folds his hands, squints his eyes shut and says "pray." God knows what He's doing. I do however, miss going potty alone and not having all heck break lose.
I came across a blog the other day (I can't find it again). The mom of a toddler boy who seemed very similar to mine posted this. This post started with a picture of her little boy standing on the kitchen counter with the cabinets open. I laughed so hard! I copied this from her post and had to share it with y'all.
What NO Actually Means in LittleBoy-Speak
(It's true what they say -- if you want to learn a new language, go live where they speak it.)
"NO!" = "Giggle all cute and wide-eyed over your shoulder at Mama and ___________________!"
Run faster!
Take off!
Bang harder!
Splash bigger!
Dig deeper!
Fling farther!
Cling tighter!
Climb higher!
Smear bigger!
Pull harder!
Staple more body parts!
Squirt more!
2 comments:
Jamie -
There were times in your blog post that I smiled huge. :) You have such a funny little bundle of joy!
Boys are a special breed :) I just read a quote that says "tell a boy know and he either stomps of or goes ahead and does it, tell a girl no and she cries" I have found this very true with my boy and girl. Boys are fun, crazy energetic, and mischievous. Its is such a blessing to be a mama of a boy. Keep on hangin on ... help is on the way yay!
Post a Comment