I am so looking forward to the holidays this year. Christmas in particular. This year will be the first that I get to spend alone with my growing little family. We will miss our extended families but it will be nice to have Jase home and enjoy being together again. No traveling, just us. So I have to post a couple of my favorite things about the holidays. These two are relatively new but still favorites. Spiced Cocoa, yummy, delicious, rich spiced coca. My mother in law gave me some of this in a cute glass santa jar for Christmas the first year Jase and I were together, with the recipe attached. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I don't even really enjoy the pre-packaged stuff anymore.
I made a batch tonight and enjoyed my first mug. I am so excited that it is cool enough in the evenings now to drink it and not sweat. HA! Of course I will share the recipe just in case y'all want to try some. It makes a great hostess or holiday gift! If you have a Hobby Lobby (I don't. Sniff, sniff) just get a cute deorative jar for cheap and fill it up!
SPICED COCOA
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of ground cloves
pinch of salt
Mix 1-2 Tbl to a cup of hot milk and enjoy! Add some marshmallows or whipped cream if that's what floats your boat.
This little pistol has got to be my most favorite thing about the holidays. He is turning TWO in less than a month! I tried to get him to hold up two fingers but I didn't realize how much coordination that takes. Ha! The sweet as pie smile will do just fine, thank you. :)
1 comment:
That sounds yummy! Gonna have to try that! (Love the mug too! ;)
Post a Comment