Friday, October 8, 2010

Super Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Friday night dinner for me and Harlon was something I put together from a Rachel Ray recipe.  They totally hit the spot!  When do potatoes not hit the spot?
 2 decent sized russet potatoes
4 pieces of center cut bacon
2 scallions, chopped
1 cup steamed broccoli, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup cheese, grated
I first took the bacon and fried it up then chopped it and steamed the broccoli at the same time.  I chopped up the broccoli pretty small as a way to get Harlon to eat it without knowing he was (it worked).  Then I cooked the potatoes.  Do it how ever you  like but I pricked them with a fork and put them in the microwave for 12 mintues.  After they cooked I let them stand a bit so that I could handle them.  Then I cut them in half, scooped out the flesh and put it in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.  For the cheese I used half mozzerella and half sharp cheddar.  Mix all the ingredients together.  Put hollowed out potatoes in a baking dish and divide the filling among them.  I then grated a little parm on top and broiled them until they were browned.  Mmmm, mmmm good!  Serves 4, we ate them as the main course tonight.  

1 comment:

Pinkus47@hotmail.com said...

Those are potato HEAVEN!!!!!!!!! WOW, now I need some with a big peice of meat :-)