Friday, October 8, 2010

An idea and a trip to the craft store resulted in this...

I made this (I'm not sure what to call it) to hang above Addie Mae's crib in place of a mobile.  All of these colors are in her bedding which I am still waiting go receive.  I had so much fun!  There are only little bits of the green and bright pink in the bedding so I thought it would look nice to have them more dominant in this. 
 I stole the idea from Pottery Barn Kids.  I was shopping for bedding on their site and they had something like this in one of the girl rooms.  I loved it!  It was so easy.  I bought an 18" straw wreath, wrapped it in ribbon, then glued some artifical flowers under the ribbon, and finally tied and strung long pieces of ribbon to the ceiling and hung it on a hook screwed into the ceiling. 
The poor girl has to share her room with a queen sized bed for guests and two book shelves filled with mostly non-kid books.  I am trying to make it as sweet and girly as I can.  I will post pics of the nursery once I get it all done (if I ever get the bedding).  I have already bought and built the crib and dresser. 


2 comments:

Pinkus47@hotmail.com said...

Jamie, that is so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

SO crafty!! :)