Friday, February 5, 2010

Movin' on up!


It's 11pm at night and I really should be sleeping considering my beautiful son has been waking up every night since we've moved in at 3 or 4am.  But...since I'm having a hard time winding down from yet another day of unpacking, organizing and getting this house to feel like a home I thought I would give y'all a short update.  First of all, I miss my husband and so does our son...what the heck am I going to do when he is gone for the long one?  I am going to need lots of visitors (hint hint)!  Anyway, I have been so blessed this move to have my cousin Jeff fly out to help me.  I was so worried about doing it alone with Harlon to take care of.  With the help of Jeff all week and Eric and Lori on Monday this has seemed almost too easy. 
As you can see Harlon kinda likes Jeff.  He's been such a good "helper" as Jeff helps me with projects around the house.  The new house has stairs (a new thing for our family) so baby gates were a must!  Also, latches on the cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms so mama stays sane and Harlon stays safe. 
Harlon was getting re-acquainted with his rocking chair on our new rug.  The carpet is okay in the living room but I know that once Buddy gets here it will be a hot mess so I thought it best to get an inexpensive rug (thank you Costco).  Jase probably hates Costco right about now as I've been visiting it A LOT lately but I LOVE IT! 
And yes, my new pillow covers no long match my living room attire so I will be on the hunt for fabric once I get things together at home.  It's a good excuse to make new ones!  I will be so sad to see Jeff go home.  It is great to spend time with him and have his help around here.  We will be lonely when he leaves, which means more visitors are WELCOME!  More moving antics to come!

No comments: