Sunday, February 14, 2010

Me and My Little Valentine

My little Valentine and I went to Nimitz Beach this evening before dinner. 
Here we are on our back deck before bedtime.

I've been busy this week getting Harlon to his activities and discovering that the carpet in our living room and upstairs hallway has some BAD pet stains.  Yeah, not fun for this girl.  It's all I can do to not check into a hotel room.  My wonderful landlords have agreed to replace the carpet with new and promise to make it happen as soon as possible.  They are the sweetest couple and have been so prompt in fixing things. 
We got to see Jase for about 45 minutes one afternoon.  Surprise, surprise!  It was so nice to see his face.  Harlon wouldn't look at him at first but after a couple minutes and me giving him a big hug and kiss he went right to him and wouldn't let go.  He snuggled under Jase's chin didn't move.  When we dropped Jase off at the pier where the boat was parked he got to show Harlon the boat.  Jase showed Harlon that "this is daddy's boat, that's where I drive from" and so on.  Harlon was all excited and just kept saying "Oh WOW" over and over.  I learned later that if we would have stayed around we could have seen Jase drive out.  Oh well, next time. 
We also met a new friend and her beautiful kiddos at the beach for a couple hours.  We hung out, played in the sand and water, and ate our packed lunch.  Harlon loved watching her two boys who are older.  He wants to be a big boy so bad he can hardly stand it.  Summer said to me "he's still such a baby."  I love her for that!  I get so tired of everyone telling me how big he is or how old he looks.  She's right he wants to be a big boy but he is still a baby.  For a little while longer anyway. 
We tried out a new church this morning.  Harlon did famously in the nursery as usual and I really liked the message and the service.  I will go back next week for sure. 
Hard at work.
I managed to get a few shots of the water for the brief moment I wasn't chasing Harlon trying to keep him out of the water.  There is very little that this kid is afraid of at this point!
This beach used to be private to military until Barber's Point closed about 10 years ago. 
There are cottages right on the ocean that are still exclusive to military but other than that it's open to the public. 
We are keeping busy and other than waking up in the middle of the night Harlon is doing great.  I'm exhausted and could really use a full nights sleep but am hanging in there.  My hope is that once these top molars cut through all the way sleeping will be better (please let that be the reason). 

2 comments:

andersons2002 said...

Great pictures! Hang in there! Molars are terrible! We still have one to come through!

Sarah Caddell said...

Jamie...I love the Valentine's pic! So cute!!