Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sesame Beef Tenderloin....YUM YUM!

I'm finally back to cooking now that my house is mostly unpacked and situated. I have to look for things that don't take a lot of prep as Harlon is busy busy busy these days. He IS a great napper so I do have more time that when he was a tiny guy. Anyway, I tried this tonight and it was great! I couldn't find a beef tenderloin at the commisary so I used it as a steak marinade, then grilled the steaks on a grill pan. I was kind of scared since Jase is a master at the grill and smoker but even he liked it!

Sesame Beef Tenderloin

1/4 cup soy sauce
1 green onion, chopped
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 beef tenderloin (3 lbs)
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbl. toasted sesame seeds

In a large ziploc bag combine the first five ingredients. Add the tenderloin, seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning several times. Drain and discard marinade. Brush beef with honey, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place in shallow roasting pan. Bake at 400 for 25 min. Cover with foil, bake 30-35 min.or longer or until meat reaches desired doneness. (Rare 140, Medium 160, Well done 170) Let stand for 10 min. before slicing.

No comments: